A.S. was recently diagnosed with Hodgkin disease and scheduled for a staging procedure. His previous axillary lymph node biopsy result was positive for Reed- Sternberg cells. The surgeon charted the results of the staging procedure as “stage I.”
1. What is the purpose of the staging procedure for A.S.?
2. How does Hodgkin lymphoma spread in the body, and what does “stage I”
signify for A.S.?
3. What is the difference between Hodgkin disease and non-Hodgkin
4. What is the prognosis and predicted therapy for A.S. now that he has been
diagnosed with stage I Hodgkin disease?
5. What side effects might A.S. expect from this therapy?
Only need question 5 answered. thank you