1. A nurse is calculating the total fluid intake for a client during an 8-hour shift. The client consumes 1 cup of water, 8 oz of broth, 2 cups of coffee, 8 oz of flavored gelatin, and 1 cup of ice. The nurse should record how many mL of intake on the client’s record?
2. A nurse is calculating the total fluid intake for a client from 0600 to 2000. The client consumes 2 cups of coffee, 4 oz of soda, 1 cup of water, 4 oz of ice cream. The nurse should record how many mL of intake on the client’s record?
3. A patient has 1 L of D5W ½2 NS to infuse at 65 mL/hr. How long will the infusion take? Round to the nearest tenth.
4. A patient has an order for Diazepam 5 mg/dose by mouth every 4 hours. How many mg should the nurse administer per day?
5. A nurse practitioner orders 1,000 mL of lactated ringers to infuse over 5 hours. How many milliliters per hour will the nurse program the IV infusion device?