Select a current or proposed health care policy that is designed to provide equitable health care for a diverse population. Describe the policy selected. Discuss the diverse population that will be affected by this policy.
- Explain how the policy is designed to improve cost-effectiveness and health care equity for the diverse population.
- Discuss why the policy is financially sound and explain how the policy incorporates the nursing perspective and relevant ethical, legal, and political factors. Provide a basis to support your explanation.
- Describe what state, federal, and global health policies, or goals the policy is related to, and explain the degree to which each helps achieve equitable health care for the diverse population.
- Discuss advocacy strategies for improving access, quality, and cost-effective health care for the diverse population selected.
- Discuss the professional and moral obligation of master’s prepared nurses to respect human dignity and advance the common good through working to promote health and prevent disease among diverse populations from a Christian perspective.