Drug abuse in Mexico and Columbia and how to prevent it as a community nurse
- What is the impact of the problem upon the larger community/world?
- What is the extent of the problem? (Describe the statistics, incidence, and trends?)
- What forces (external and internal) are at play in the growth of the problem? For example, does poverty play a role in escalating this problem? Is there a defined health disparity?
- What actions are currently being taken to address the problem and are they working?
- Are actions being taken to prevent the problem from occurring? If so, what levels of prevention are at play? If not, what improvements upon the levels of prevention should be considered?
- What are the roles of the CHN/PHN?
- What are the ethical considerations in solving the problems?
- What other interventions would you propose to solve the problem?
- How would you evaluate the effectiveness of your intervention(s)?