A 64-year-old African American female who reports having a severe pulsatile diffuse headache yesterday with sudden difficulty to talk with last for about two hours. She did not seek medical attention. This morning she woke up with no problems but is here today due her husband advise.
Atrial Fibrillation, Hypertension. Is allergic to Non-steroidal Anti-inflammatory drugs Aspirin
Losartan 50 mg
Xarelto 15 mg BID
Feels Palpitations, joint pain with yesterday’s episode
B/P 131/80; temperature 98.2°F; (RR) 18; (HR) 84, irregular; oxygen saturation (PO2) 96%;
well-developed female, no acute distress
Atraumatic, normocephalic, PERRLA, EOMI, conjunctiva and sclera clear; nares patent, nasopharynx clear, good dentition.
Irregular heart beat with normal rate
No tenderness normoactive bowel sounds x 4;
intact without lesions masses or rashes.
No obvious deficits and CN grossly intact II-XII
- What other subjective data would you obtain?
- What other objective findings would you look for?
- What diagnostic exams do you want to order?
- Name 3 differential diagnoses based on this patient presenting symptoms?
- Give rationales for your each differential diagnosis.
- What teachings will you provide?