What is the primary responsibility of the nurse educator when it comes to testing and assessment of students? Gather formative and summative assessment tools which could be used in either a nursing education program or a staff development workshop
- Find one Formative assessment tools and one will be a Summative assessment tool.
- Take a picture of the assessment tool (test, rubric, evaluation form, etc). You do not have to take a picture of the entire document–but a picture of the front page or a picture of the computer screen if it is an online tool. You will then embed the photo onto this post.
- Write a description of each tool. For example, if you find a unit test, you would take a picture of it and then write something like this: “This tool is used to measure student learning in the Nursing Foundations Course. Students are responsible for learning materials in Chapters 3, 4, and 5 of the textbook. The tool used to measure the learning is a 50 item test (40 multiple choice, 5 matching, and 5 fill in the blank).”
- List the objectives covered by the tool
- What level of Bloom’s taxonomy is the tool? What does the Bloom’s taxonomy contribute to the assessment processes?
- What domain(s) of learning does the tool asses