Define culture and the practice of cultural humility. Describe the cultures served by assistant living institutions – (remember that the concept of culture can include lifestyle, belief systems, and language as well as ethnicity).
- Include both patients (communities) served, and also staff composition.
3. Given the nurse manager’s role in promoting inclusion and avoiding implicit bias.
- Provide some examples where an assistant living organization, unit, or team has addressed these elements successfully or unsuccessfully.
4. What actions are needed for success and support in these areas?
5. As a novice nurse, who would be involved in creating an atmosphere of inclusion – (managers, staff, patients, families, community leaders)?
Along with Yoder-Wise, 2019. Please include reference citations within 5 years please. Appreciate it Thank you.
Yoder-Wise, P. S. (2019). Leading and managing in nursing. (7th ed.). St. Louis: Mosby, Inc.