Create a presentation to share with the class covering the basics of Turner Syndrome. Your presentation must be in PowerPoint format and should be about 5 minutes long. Remember to use your PowerPoint as an outline for your presentation, not a script. Your power point should contain graphics and limited text to guide the audience through your disorder discussion.
Include the following:
- Discuss a genetic disorder and how it is passed down from generation to generation.
- The name of your genetic disorder
- Pattern of inheritance – Is this disorder dominant/recessive/sex-linked/autosomal?
- Give the genetic disorder’s genotype. Example: Trisomony on the 21st chromosome.
- List the symptoms and what happens to you if you have this genetic disorder?
- Phenotype of disorder.
- Describe the defect that the disorder causes.
- Is there now, or was there ever a benefit to this genetic disorder?
- What may cause this genetic disorder? Mutation, radiation, etc.
- Is there any treatment, cures, or light-altering measures for this genetic disorder? Ex: special diets, medications, exercise – to survive this condition?
- Are certain people more likely to produce children with this genetic disorder?
- Frequency among human births.
- Is this disorder specific to a certain country or climate? If so, describe.
- Add any additional information relevant to your chosen disorder.